Cyber security is important in today's digital world. Below are some tips and things to remember to help keep you safe online.
Information FSB will never call and ask you for:
- Your PIN
- The CVV code on your debit/credit card
- Your full SSN
- A verification code
- To reveal a security question answer
If you are unsure or think someone may be trying to scam you, please feel free to give us a call to confirm. Remember, never give out personal information to someone you don't know.
- Utilize a screen lock feature such as a PIN, Pattern or Fingerprint.
- Keep your software and apps updated.
- Install antivirus software.
- Keep location settings enabled in case your phone is lost or stolen.
- Create strong passwords that are at least 10-12 characters long and include a combination of capital and lower case letters, digits, and special characters. Don't make them predictable and change them every 3-6 months.
- Don't use the same password repeatedly.
- Don't open emails from senders you do not recognize.
- Never email financial information or your Social Security Number unless it is through a secure email platform.
- Don't stay signed into your accounts. When you are finished, log-off.
- Limit what you share on social networking sites and consider increasing your privacy settings.
- Make sure your home wireless network is secure. Change the default name and password to something only you and your family know.