Farmers State Bank, its board members, and employees are committed to community services. The Board of Directors encourages Bank employees to take part in community activities and to become involved in community organizations through which the Bank obtains first-hand knowledge of the needs in the communities we serve. Many of our directors, officers, and employees volunteer their time to serve on various boards of community organizations. Through these community contacts, we are able to obtain information that helps to make determinations with respect to how to best meet the needs of the community.
Farmers State Bank will work closely in the future, as we have to date, with local community groups, individual community members, civic organizations, and others to continue to define the needs of the community.
FSB In Our Community
Here are some examples of how we continue to be involved:
FSB is committed to partnering with our local schools. We have contributed to several projects, just to name a few; an electronic sign at Simla School, Kindergarten supplies at Miami-Yoder School, an electronic sign at Calhan School.
Farmers State Bank awards a $1,000 scholarship to one student from each of our community schools annually. View our scholarship application here.
In February 2016 FSB donated one of their buildings to the Calhan Youth Education and Recreation Foundation. CYERF is an organization that wants to create a place for students in the community to learn, connect, and grow.
We also enjoy participating in community events such as: Falcon Freedom Days, D49 Run, El Paso and Elbert County Fairs and much more!
FSB employees are involved with several organizations including:
- Al Kaly Shriners
- American Cancer Society
- Calhan Community Outreach Coalition
- Eastern Plains Community Pantry
- Eastern Plains Medical Center Advisory Board
- Friends of the Eastern Plains Public Library
- Hi Plains Sertoma
- Junior Achievement
- Lions Clubs throughout El Paso County
- National Western Stock Show
- Memorial Hospital
- Order of the Eastern Star
- Pikes Peak Cattlemen’s Association
- Ramah Masonic Lodge
- Several Local Fire Protection Boards in Our Communities
- School Improvement/Accountability Committees for Several Local Schools
- Several Religious Organizations (Churches) throughout El Paso County
- Springs Rescue Mission
- Youth Sports for several local communities